51 Things you can do Today to Grow Your Email List.
As you are well aware, an email list is a valuable tool to have for email marketing.
Starting and maintaining a list takes patience and the willingness to think outside the box.
If you are beginning to notice that your email list is dwindling as more people are choosing to opt out of subscriptions.
Think about what you can do differently.
Here you will find 51 things you can do to grow your email list today.
This list is in no particular order.
It is just designed to give ideas on what you can do to increase quantity and maintain quality.
1.Begin With Social Media
Social media is a major outlet when it comes to increasing sales and followers.
Various apps allow you to tag, refer and link with a number of potential prospects.
Check your social media sites and find out if you are receiving favorable responses.
On these sites Create gated content and advertise on these social media sites
Try utilizing referrals and incentive campaigns.
You can use social media to create campaigns in which individuals are required to enter their email addresses.
Add a call to action to some of your current social media pages.
These call to actions require an email address to be entered in order to access additional information.
There are tools that can be utilized, in order to help with your email list building.
Most social media sites have apps that can be downloaded and used as marketing tools.
With these apps you can make it easy for users to sign up for your mailing list with one click of a button.
2.Encourage your direct mailing customers to opt in paperless communications.
3.Offer incentives for switching over to the email list.
4. Create a Youtube channel
Ask Me About Email Marketing-Podcast
Email Marketing Podcast series
Listen to the latest episodes HERE
5. Look at your current lists
6. Create new email campaigns for your lists
7. Add links and signatures to email lists and campaigns
8. Create new content for your current followers
9. Design additional segmented lists
10. Utilize referrals
Sometimes you may need to look at your current lists and/or campaigns and revitalize.
Use your basic knowledge of email marketing and pay attention to contacts that are showing interests.
If necessary, create a new campaign for subscribers.
Offer your current subscribers additional benefits.
For example, by re opting in to your list, current subscribers can receive additional discounts or incentives.
11. Share the wealth –
Keep in mind that word of mouth, works to your advantage. Create links that can be forwarded and shared with others. Give incentives for those that share the word.
12. Define what your struggles are, and address them.
Whether it is quality or quantity that is keeping your numbers down.
Do you have enough options for your subscribers?
13. Pop ups are a popular way to get additional subscribers.
This could be a pop up as an individual is leaving your site prematurely.
Have the pop up display a caption such as Don’t go, or Before you leave.
This will catch the eye of the prospect and can turn them into a subscriber.
14. Make it a game. Offer a prize for correctly answering questions and submitting an email address.
Make it to where an individual would need to submit their information, in order to participate in the game.
15. Guest posts are a popular way to attract potential subscribers.
You can add a link to your site, on a guest post encouraging readers to sign up for your list.
16. Offer downloadable content in which access is obtained by submitting an email address.
This downloadable content can be in the form of e-books or an e-course.
17. Partner with other businesses– a lot of companies will partner with others, in order to offer additional discounts or links to other businesses’ opt-in landing pages.
18. Use QR Cards- QR cards can be used on business cards or sent through text messages.
This allows the user to sign up or opt-in easily for more information.
19. Testimonials- Use the words of others to add to your credibility.
A lot of subscribers follow the monkey see, monkey do mentality.
When others see positive feedback regarding your business, they are more apt to want to participate.
20. Sign up Sheets- Sign up sheets are a tool that can be used online or offline.
It doesn’t matter where you are, a quick sign up option is a quick way to gain more subscribers.
21. When doing face-to-face meetings, request email addresses.
Let individuals know that you can give them access to additional resources by supplying their email addresses.
Use sign up sheets to assist with this.
22. Recruiting help from others in forms of sharing and distributing links
You can have others help you by adding links to their email signatures.
Remember incentives lead to referrals.
23. Mobile Apps- These types of apps, offer options to that less computer savvy, to be able to opt-in.
Offer deals or discounts and ask for email addresses or to click on links to receive special offers.
You can turn mobile subscribers into email subscribers with a simple click of a button.
24. CTAs on blogs and posts whenever you respond to posts or do guest blogs, you can add a call to action with an opt-in link.
Include a message mentioning that by adding their email address, prospects can receive special offers.
25. YouTube Facebook Twitter Linkedin-
social media sites such as a YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin offer resources such as ads, in order to assist with obtaining new subscribers.
26. Lead magnets-
this is something that users click on in order to individualize their needs.
For example, you can ask a question, offer choices and add a call to action once a user clicks on a button.
The call to action can direct them to enter their email for more information.
27. Content Upgrade–
Upgrade your current content for individuals already subscribed to your lists.
This can be additional discounts or bonus information.
It may include links to other sponsors that are offering services.
28. Tradeshows If you attend trade shows or other in-person events, you can add a bowl to obtain email information from prospects.
29. Create webinars or events online webinars or sponsored events can be set up to where a prospect confirms their attendance.
This can be done by submitting email information.
Prospects can also be required to enter information in order to receive tickets for a webinar or event.
30. Networking this goes hand in hand with social media.
Use these outlets to link with others to filter out your links.
31. Email requests This can be tailored to fit the needs of the prospect.
Suppose they started a shopping cart, or attempted to fill out a form.
Let them know that if they complete the action there’s something in it for them.
32. Opt-in links on order pages-
If you deal with online ordering, you can ask users to sign up or opt-in, when placing orders.
Include a pop-up offering an additional discount on their order, for signing up today.
33. Business cards
Use business cards to advertise or promote QR codes.
These codes can be easily scanned to sign up for different offers.
Include advertisements on the cards encouraging others to follow you.
34. Blogs and forums
Whenever you reply to blogs or questions on forums include a link with your signature.
This link can direct others to a landing page, in which they can sign up or opt-in for your email list.
Some people may need to be reassured that their information is safe with you.
Offer prospects reassurance, by stating that their information will not be sold to others.
Another thing to reassure prospects with is the fact that you will only send them pertinent information.
Basically, you will not spam subscribers.
36. Free Services- Offer free items to a subscriber, for signing up.
This could be downloadable content or even advice and recipes, depending on the nature of your business.
37. Sharing Buttons– Add radio call or sharing buttons to social media sites for example, YouTube channels and Facebook.
This allows for ease in sharing your links and information.
38. Abandoned Shopping carts– Perfect way to catch the eye of prospective subscribers.
This can be done by way of email or pop up.
Send a message offering a discount or assistance, in an attempt to steer them from abandoning their carts.
39. Forms – Sign up forms and opt-in forms need to be creatively designed on websites or landing pages.
Keep it simple, yet eye-catching.
Offer reasons to sign up for your lists.
40. Email collections through in-store promotions and events.
Set up a booth or advertisement, informing customers that they can receive additional offers and discounts by signing up.
41. Follow up to an event- Create a follow-up campaign in which individuals provide their email information to ask questions or complete surveys.
42. Loyalty programs or birthday club– Offer a program to advertise a free product or service, for signing up for a specialty program.
43. Call to action which links opt-in landing page alongside your email signature.
Call to actions can be added almost anywhere.
You are basically commanding an action with a link for subscribers to perform this actions.
This can be something such as; sign up here for secret discounts.
44. Newsletter- online newsletters can contain links to opt-in to subscribe to daily, weekly or even monthly newsletters.
Newsletters can also contain gated content so in order to access the complete newsletter, an individual would need to enter their email information.
45. Sending texts with links to opt-in pages and sign up forms.
This is self-explanatory, allow users the option to receive updates through text messages.
This will give them a link to sign up for email lists through the mobile app.
46. Host a contest and ask for email addresses to sign up for contest.
If you ever have entered a sweepstake, contest or participated in a survey, there is always a pop up to enter your email address.
Use this as a requirement in order to proceed.
47. Plugins- Can be set up on your website and pages to display messages with discounts.
Encouraging individuals to sign up for your list. Plug-ins can also assist with the call to actions.
48. Include credentials–
This goes hand in hand with testimonials.
The more credible you are the more likely people will sign up for your lists.
49. Bonus gifts– Offer special bonuses to those that refer others, individuals that have been stagnant.
Incentives give people reasons to commit to something.
50. Slide up bar– Can be used for many things, including reminding people to sign up while they are on your page.
51. Sneak Peeks along with transparent segmenting-
Show people what they could be receiving if they did sign up for your lists.
Then give individuals a choice of what type of list to sign up for.
Grow your business with the leader in Email Marketing. Sign up for free 60-day trial of Constant Contact.